Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tobias Allan Lee

In just 4 hours, Tobias will officially be four years old.

I keep thinking back to those 3 nights (that felt more like 3 weeks..) in the hospital before he was born. For sure, I would keep track of every little thing that happened to this little baby, first tooth, every centimeter of growth; and I would scrapbook each precious picture. I did great..for the first month! I think I was pretty well prepared in a lot of ways, but no one can prepare you for how fast the time goes by! Everyone always tells you, "Keep them close, before you know it they'll be in school," and you think to yourself, yeah, it'll go quick but I'm sure I'll have plenty of time..then *bam* your little bundle is four years old and you cant remember what his first word was! (Ok, so maybe I remember the first word - but those of you with little ones know what I mean!) I looked through pictures the other day of Toby's first days. I honestly forgot what he looked like back then! I'm getting so used to him as a wee person, not just a little chubby blob on my couch.

God gave us a blessing we never could've imagined (why am I surprised?) and He continues to bless us. Just today, Toby was playing with Molly and Landon (the 3 yr old twins I watch) and they were playing drums and tambourine when Toby stopped them and said, "guys wait, we need to pray first...(they all stopped and folded their little hands and bowed their heads)...'Dear Lord, thanks for its my birthday and for that my family feels great and my birthday cake coming up soon amen!' now lets make a song!" *eyes welling up* It was the first time I've heard him pray all by himself! How incredible..preschool children praying to the Almighty God, without prompting, without even knowing anyone was watching them.

Ahh, Happy Birthday Tobias!! You are the most special little man God could ever have blessed us with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment