Saturday, November 15, 2008

traditions..


Today was probably the 18th time my sister and I have made noodles with our grandma. Every year for Thanksgiving we have homemade noodles with our feast. I think both my grandma and my grandpa's mothers made them when they were growing up, and so the tradition passes on to us.

For the first time, the 'great grands' got to help! Well, Toby mostly. The girls are too little yet, but I got to thinking..I really want to make my own family traditions to pass down to my kids, grand kids, great grand kids..

This is something that has been bringing us together for pretty much all our lives, and even after our grandpa passed away 4 years ago, he's still a big part of the day. Not in a weird way, but memories shared always include him. It seems like the only 'right' time to bring him up that we know it wont bring grieving, if that makes sense..

Ahh, I love the holidays!!

1 comment:

  1. someone asked me what my legacy was, and what i would leave behind...

    ...that's a good question (which is what adults say when they don't know the answer).

    i want people to have been loved because i lived.

    i know its not making noodles or watching its a wonderful life...but you know

    ReplyDelete