Thursday, June 3, 2010

Project Three

Well, I didn't even come close to 31 projects in 31 days..

HOWEVER..

I did accomplish a lot of things that I'd been putting off and will be doing a bit more for the yard sale this Saturday! I feel good about everything.

One thing I LOVE to do is make cards. May is a crazy month of anniversaries and birthdays for us so needless to say, I've been having lots of fun! This one was especially fun because I got to be slightly more creative than usual.

It was my in-law's 28th anniversary last week. I looked online and found that the modern gift for the 28th is orchids and the color lavender is associated with it as well.

This is what I came up with.



Simple, black & gray paper (the back was white w/ the same black border)



I cut out the petals from white cardstock, glued them down and curled the edges around..wait for it..my meat thermometer (don't worry, it was clean!! and just the right size!) and then for the center petals I used a yellow and a purple stamp pad to lightly dab some color and then attached and curled them in the same way.



Details..



Overall, this month wasn't as productive as I had hoped but it was productive.

I hope to keep up the project goal, maybe 2 projects per week would be a more attainable goal..

No comments:

Post a Comment